Teatro Regio Torino, 1898. Designed by Giuseppe Boano (Italian, (1872-1938). Color lithograph.
The Nuovo Teatro Regio (New Royal Theatre) was inaugurated in 1740 with Francesco Feo’s Arsace. However, the theatre was closed on royal order in 1792 and it became a warehouse. Napoleon’s fall in 1814 saw the Reggio reopened with its original name, the Regio. In the years following the opera house went through several periods of financial crisis and it was taken over by the city in 1870.
Disney’s Fantasia (1940)